Health Benefits of Coconuts
Coconuts are by far one of nature’s greatest treats for so many reasons. They have become recognized as nature’s energy drink, full of electrolytes and other healthy stuff.
The scientific name for coconut is Cocos nucifera. Early Spanish explorers called it coco, which means "monkey face" because the three indentations or eyes on the hairy nut resembles the face of a monkey. The coconut provides a nutritious source of juice, milk, and oil that has literally fed and nourished populations around the world for a long, long time. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins. Pacific
Islanders consider coconut oil to be the cure for all illness. And the coconut palm is so highly valued by them as both a source of medicine and food that it is called "The Tree of Life." Just recently modern medical science has unlocked the secrets to the coconut's amazing healing powers. Check out this short list of health benefits:
• Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
• Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
• Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
• Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
• Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
• Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.
• Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
• Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
• Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease.
• Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
• Improves digestion and bowel function.
• Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
• Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease.
• Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease.
• Functions as a protective antioxidant.
• Dissolves kidney stones.
• Helps prevent liver disease.
• Is lower in calories than all other fats.
• Supports thyroid function.
• Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
• Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems.
• Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin.
• Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.
• Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
• Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.
• Provides protection from damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun. .
• Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
• Is completely non-toxic to humans.
You should be convinced now so come drink a fresh coconut with us at Coco Corona!